Our Client, an expert in bespoke African Safari planning, is looking for a Senior East Africa Travel Consultant to join their team. This well established company is rapidly expanding, based in Cape Town’s city centre. An online Operator, they are well known as specialists in creating unique African itineraries for FITs.
This role is hands on, you would manage the Client interaction from enquiry to post travel allowing you to build relationships with your Clientele, most of whom are repeat travellers and referrals. You must be able to create Itineraries, produce costings, and liaise with clients and suppliers at all levels. Your product and logistics knowledge of East Africa (Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda), will be of an exemplary standard.
- Tertiary Education with preference given to those with a diploma or degree in Travel and Tourism
- 4+ years selling East African tailor made travel products and itineraries
- Target and goal orientated with a proven sales track record
- Product Knowledge, Innovation, and Development
- CRM & Operating systems experience
- African travel experience is a distinct advantage
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal (listening, questioning, probing, etc)
- MS Office & business systems
- Excellent administration skills
- Organizational skills / time & task management
- Decision making
- Numerical skills
- Problem solving