My client is a well established, highly reputable owner-managed PR agency with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Both of which are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their team, working on B2B/ Enterprise/ Tech clients.
This role requires experience in Enterprise (B2B) PR, digital marketing, people management, including coaching, mentoring and outputs-based KPI development.
You will be responsible for managing PR and Digital Marketing campaigns for up to 5 retained clients and lead a team of Account Managers/ Account Execs, and Interns.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic input and manage the developments of plans for up to 5 Enterprise/ Tech clients simultaneously
- Share your knowledge, process and results with the team on an ongoing basis for knowledge transfer
- Write technology orientated press announcements with the support of professional content specialists
- Co-ordinate and manage Digital marketing campaigns for optimum results
- Quality assure delivery of the team and it’s outputs including proposals and pitches
- Facilitate strategic client workshops
- Assess the success of plans in implementation
- Build the brand through networking and attending various events
- Act as an escalation point and facilitate successful problem resolution
- Monitor expenditures against budgets to ensure targets are met
- Key relationships; Clients, Media, Suppliers, Copywriters, internal team
- Monthly reporting and administration of accounts (records, billing etc.)
- Recruit and ensure the training and orientation of new employees
You MUST have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in either Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Media.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a PR agency environment
- A solid understanding of the local Technology industry is highly advantageous
- Existing relationships with business and technology media is absolutely essential.
- Drivers' license and own transport absolutely essential