My client is a very successful, well established online Tour Operator based in the bustling Gardens business and restaurant district in Cape Town. They offer bespoke travel to overseas visitors (individuals and very small groups) coming to Africa.
An integral part of keeping the business competitive, making it profitable and as a result successful, is the Contracting & Rates Department, which deals with the hotels, lodges, villas and various other suppliers on a daily basis, capturing current product information, rates and contractual information.
They have a vacancy on the team for a Rates & Data Administrator, for which the core responsibilities include:
- Timeous procurement of Supplier Product, Rates & Contractual Information for current and future business needs
- Ability to read and comprehend supplier Rate Provisions and Agreements
- Ability to comply with established processes and procedures, both manual and systems/automated.
- Ability to translate and transfer data relating to supplier Rate provisions and agreements onto automated systems and in accordance with established processes and procedures, in a manner that meets business requirements and end-user needs.
- Timeous and Accurate Capture of Supplier Rates and Information
- Effective Administration Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Status Reporting
- Team & Inter-Departmental support service
Successful candidates will have:
- Matric with English and Mathematics
- Minimum 2 years in a data capture role, preferably in the Tourism industry
- Experience with product costing, rates management and contracting
- An Accounting or Bookkeeping background is advantageous
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is advantageous