Our client is a highly reputable, well regarded, award winning PR agency, whose office in Johannesburg is currently recruiting for experienced Account Managers.
This is the place you’ll get to spread your wings! A well established, highly reputable PR agency, with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. They offer great mentorship and leadership (that’s part of the culture), monthly training and a career path with very clear goals for you to achieve ensuring you get to the next level soon, and with all the support you need.
This role requires specific Communications experience and with your 5 years + industry experience, you will be responsible for managing PR and Digital Marketing campaigns and lead a team of Account Execs and Interns. You will implement the plans, with a lot more focus on media and influencer interaction.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development and implementation of the PR plan
- Share your knowledge, process and results with the team on an ongoing basis for knowledge transfer
- Collaborate with outsourced writers to create industry related press announcements
- Facilitate strategic client workshops
- Assess the success of plans in implementation
- Build the brand through networking and attending various events
- Act as an escalation point and facilitate successful problem resolution
- Monitor expenditures against budgets to ensure targets are met
- Key relationships; Clients, Media, Suppliers, Copywriters, internal team
- Monthly reporting and administration of accounts (records, billing etc.)
- Recruit and ensure the training and orientation of new employees
- Relevant tertiary qualification in either Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Media.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a PR agency environment
- A solid understanding of the local Communication industry is essential
- Existing relationships with key media is absolutely essential.
- Drivers' license and own transport absolutely essential.