If the thought of being responsible for a smooth running holiday for demanding, high net worth guests, often VIP’s gives you a complete thrill, rather than a headache, then this is without a doubt the opportunity of a lifetime for you!
Our Client is an internationally renowned African leisure and safari operator, offering bespoke, luxury travel solutions to guests visiting Southern and East Africa.
The GM is looking to add an experienced Operations and Reservations Executive to their close-knit team of passionate travel professionals.
Your role would be to ensure that the Company’s Operations run smoothly as you assist in the confirmation and control of logistics, reservations and inventory, while you provide support to the Operations Manager. This role will require some experience in the industry, so that you are familiar with the reservations processes, can quote, book and confirm all changes and additions to guest’s itineraries once they are in destination. You should be able to anticipate potential issues and trouble shoot (in the moment!) the unpredictable.
- Experience in tourism fleet management and inbound tour consulting in Southern Africa (2 years of Southern Africa expertise preferable).
- Experience in dealing directly with freelance staff / guides/ drivers, and tourism service providers.
- Experience using an internal Tourism CRM programme experience.
- MS Office and Outlook expertise
- Tertiary education with preference given to those with a diploma or degree in Tourism
- Exceptional decision making
- Problem solving
- Relationship Management
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Aptitude to learn and translate into performance
- Good administrative skills attention to detail
- Organizational, time and task management skills