An exciting opportunity for a Librarian to be part of something special and create a legacy through your work. Our international tourism client’s philanthropic division has commissioned the setup of a Library and Computer Hall in RedHill, near Scarborough, to benefit the children (mostly) in the local community.
They are looking for an experienced Librarian to come on board for a 6 - 9 month period (Fixed term contract) to manage the following;
- The setup of the Library system
- The Physical set up of the stock, cataloguing, referencing, labelling, etc.
- Utilizing an online open source programme
- The training of a local community member to take over the Library and run the implemented system.
- Be a liaison between the Library and the local contact to generate awareness of the facility and set up community initiatives (reading groups, story time, holiday programmes, adult literacy, etc) to encourage the use of the Library.
- Assist with the setup of computers for public use.
We are looking for someone who wants to get involved in starting this project from scratch and see it through to implementation.
- A formal Librarian qualification will be a distinct advantage, but is not a prerequisite
- Must have had experience in setting up or maintaining a library
- Be able to get to Red Hill
- Be able to work full time for the duration of the contract
- Has some experience in training staff or learners
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, in English