My client is a privately owned group, specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of commercial and industrial refrigeration systems and equipment.
They are currently looking for a Group Financial Manager to take full responsibility for the Financial management of their offices countrywide.
- Take ownership of the Financial Management for all the businesses;
- Financial planning, forecasting and target setting and on-going advisory role;
- Budget Management, compiling of budgets, budget control and coordination (Preparation of detailed 5 year headline earnings budgets and cash flow forecasts for the business);
- Ensure accurate, timely preparation of financial statements, reports and schedules;
- System Administration - ongoing evaluation and implementation of controls and changes, development input;
- Monitor and manage all internal systems and controls;
- Proper management of working capital cycle – collection of debtors, cash management, stock management and supplier management
- Standardise business models to calculate and evaluate Internal Rate of Retrurn of different products and investments;
- Responsible for the whole Company Secretary Function;
- Overall responsibility for legal, statutory, regulatory and operational compliance;
- Reviewing of accountants’ work;
- Authorising payments and primary responsible for banking profiles and treasury controls;
- Preparation of reports for the fortnightly Group Exco meetings;
- Working closely with management of various group companies with regards to reporting requirements and cash flow projections;
- Liaising with insurance brokers and ensuring adequate insurance cover;
- Review of agreements;
- Dealings with external auditors, facilitating audits of all relevant Companies; and
- Such other duties as the Company may reasonably require from time to time.
- Chartered Accountant (SA) registered at the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants;
- CIMA Qualified
- Expert MS Excel skills essential (Pivot tables, Data Management, V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Macros, etc.);
- ACCPAC experience would be advantageous
Minimum & Basic Experience Needed:
- 5-8 years’ financial management experience (within a medium to large enterprise) with a manufacturing background is essential;
- Strategic Thinker with Exceptional Communication, Leadership, and Mentoring Skills;
- Proven success with Stakeholder engagement with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate dialogue, decisions, and action across a wide stakeholder spectrum, including those who are not financially minded;
- Position will require extensive interaction and involvement within operations including but not limited to the supply chain and full value chain and must have the ability to create meaningful relationships at all levels across branches nationally;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Prepared to travel frequently to manage financial staff at our offices across South Africa
- The successful candidate must be comfortable to drive change and display a vibrant, driven and energetic personality.