My client is a very successful development company, with a variety of projects across the Western Cape.
The Residential side of the business is currently looking for a General Foreman for a project in the CBD.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and oversee all site functions and all site personnel to ensure optimisation of resources and delivery of project within contracted time frames and budget.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To construct and deliver the allocated section of work within a specified time frame with allocated resources.
- Read, understand and explain drawing specifications
- Ensure safety compliance and promote safe working practices.
- Monitor construction activity on site to prescribed quality standards.
- Monitor production and make daily progress reports for submission to Line Management.
- Identify bottlenecks, resolve them and streamline the construction process on site.
- Integrate various resource requirements of production teams on site.
- Monitor, control and improve production and productivity levels on site.
- Conduct production planning and integration meetings on site
Suitable candidate MUST have:
- a tertiary qualification in Building & Construction
- ten years' experience working on site, preferably on residential projects
- a clear credit, criminal and CCMA record - absolutely essential
- own reliable transport and driver's license