My client is a hugely successful, well respected and very creative Corporate Interior Design & Project Management. They are looking for a mid to senior level Architectural Technician to join their dynamic team in Cape Town.
- Conduct site inspection after briefing from Lead Designer.
- Capture ‘as built’ data based on site survey.
- Assist Design dept with the generation of space plans.
- Produce technical documentation (includes drawings and schedules) for costing purposes.
- Provide technical advice regarding design elements to ensure that design meets company
and regulatory standards.
- Brief contractor with Lead Designer.
- Value engineer designs based on costings received in collaboration with project team.
- Produce construction documentation package.
- Co-ordinate technical components of site construction in conjunction with the Project team.
- Develop 3D visuals, models and images in line with the brief and appropriate to the job.
- Ensure plans will meet with Council approval.
- Prepare documents for Council and drive the approval process.
- Collaborate with Designer on snag list.
- Compile Handover file of documentation (including guarantees, certificates and specifications).
- Represent Company in a professional manner in all interactions.
- Take initiative to ensure delivery of all technical components.
- Collaborate as part of a team.
- Keep up to date with technology and processes and make recommendations.
- This opportunity is available to AA candidates only
- Tertiary Architectural Technologist Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience primarily in interior architecture
- Exposure to corporate and commercial fit-outs
- Sound technical knowledge of interior architecture
- On-site experience
- Ability to handle drawing packages on AutoCAD
- Experience on Revit preferable
- SketchUp experience essential
- Photoshop knowledge advantageous
- Self motivated and function well with pressure and deadlines.