Every now and then a position comes up that makes me wish I could make a career change altogether. This is one of those. In fact, this is probably the ONE! If you're a qualified Architect with about 5 years experience, you could beat me to this one!
As Architects and Designers who have created a niche "product" that sees them working predominantly in the hospitality industry, specifically in very remote locations in Africa and worldwide, my Principal Architect client is looking for an Architect to act as his 2IC.
You would have experience in:
- Drafting software - AutoCAD, SketchUp, etc
- On-site initial surveying and assessment
- On-site project management
- Logistically and technically able to think through everything from initial design through to implementation
- In-office admin and management of deliverables and people
- The SACAP architectural service stages 1-6 [ie has run architectural projects as Principle Agent from start to finish]
- All-round leadership experience
You should ideally also have a real talent and passion for:
- Design (goes without saying)
- Creating the extraordinary (every single project my client turns their hand to is incredible)
- Working with people (this industry is quite small and clients place a lot of value on who they work with, rather than only the services and products offered)
And what to me is a real bonus in this role, but is also a very real consideration and not to be taken lightly - is the requirement for extended travel to be on site (whether that be before, during or towards the installation of the project). It's not always comfortable, it's very often hot and dusty with no electricity, but it's beautiful, and all part of seeing the end product come to life.
My client admits himself that this may sound like an over-the-top wish list, but he believes they have created a job opportunity that does not come around often, and he has entrusted me, green with envy, to help him find this superstar.
Please get in touch, I can't wait to start discussing this with you.